You may find the following links useful

Assistance with Loans
If you’re finding it difficult to get a loan, then Keystart may be able to help, call 1300 361 577 or visit

Assistance with Stamp duty
If you’re buying your first home you may be eligible for a reduction in stamp duty or a concession rate of stamp duty. Contact the Department of Finance on (08) 9262 1299 or 1300 363 211 or visit

Australian Institute of Conveyancers WA Division Inc
Find guides to buying, selling and fees at

Certificates of Title
Contact Landgate Tenure Information Services on 9273 7333 or visit to find out more information.

Department of Consumer and Employment Protection
If you’re buying or building, DOCEP has advice and information and also produces many free brochures including “Homebuyers Survival Guide for WA” and “Contracts – Information You Need to Know”. Call 1300 304 054 or visit

Strata Titles

Contact the DLI Strata Titles Advisory Service on 9273 7044 or email or visit for a booklet called “A Guide to Strata Titles”.

Dividing Fences
Your local council can help you with information about dividing fences or visit the Department of Commerce website at for information on Dividing Fences.

First Home Owner Grant
Are you eligible for a First Home Owner Grant? Find out from the Office of State Revenue on 1300 363 211 or visit or

Foreign Investment Review Board
If you’re thinking of investing in Australia contact the Board on to see if your proposal meets the foreign investment policy.

Pool Safety
If you’re thinking of installing a pool or an outside spa contact the Swimming Pool and Spa Association of WA on 9361 1344 or visit You can also download the Swimming Pool Regulations from

Real Estate and Business Agents Supervisory Board
Call 9282 0836 or visit to get free real estate notes including information about auctions. If you’re buying your first home through a licensed real estate agent you may be eligible for a grant towards the cost of “incidental expenses” associated with buying a partially built or established home. These expenses may include settlement fees or fees charged by lending institutions when lodging the home loan application.

Residual Currency Devices

Are you aware of the legislative requirements regarding RCD’s when buying or leasing out your property?  Get all of the information by contacting the Division of Energy Safety on 08 9422 5200 or at

Smoke Alarms
Smoke alarms save lives, visit FESA’s website for information about alarm locations and smoke alarms for the hearing impaired.